Operating Systems: Windows Desktops to 10, Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite, + Legacy Systems
Office Suite: PC – Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, & OneDrive
iWork: MAC – Pages, Keynote, & Numbers
Mobile Computing Understanding of any Apple or Android device
Webpage Construction Hardcoding HTML & CSS
Graphic Design and Layout Adobe Photoshop, Pixlr.cm
Cloud Storage Dropbox
Blogging Platforms WordPress, Blogspot
Integrated Library Systems OCLC Worldshare, SirsiDynix Workflows, Polaris, Voyager
Learning Management Systems Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, Desire2Learn, Angel
Financial Management Banner, Financial 2000
Social Network Web 2.0 Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Linkedin + more
Instructional Technologies of 2018
Having previously taken the course @ONE Introduction to Teaching with Canvas, I continue to HTML edit the library presence for Barstow Community College.
I am also working with the online program Canva.com to create promotional fliers for academic services.
New in 2017
Finished an Introduction to XML course through Library Juice Academy, Finished the course with a certificate in Basic XML.
Worked with the Sandbox version of Archives Toolkit
Worked with the Trial version of Libguides.
I have started work with OpenRefine.org, also known as Google Refine. Working with Messy data.
Stanford list of tools I have yet to work with:
(Thanks to Dr. Robert Chavez for this list)
Good for doing well-formedness checks. Some of these will also work for URL based DTD and Schema Validation
- XML Editor and Validator: http://xmlgrid.net
- Valindome XML Validator: http://www.validome.org/xml/validate/
- XML Validator: http://xml.online-toolz.com/tools/xml-validator.php
- XML Schema Validator: http://www.xpathtester.com/validate
Good for testing and experimenting with Paths
- Online-Toolz Tester: http://www.online-toolz.com/tools/xpath-editor.php
- Free Formatter Path Tester: http://www.freeformatter.com/xpath-tester.html
- XPath Tester: http://www.xpathtester.com/xpath
- Another XPath Tester: http://codebeautify.org/Xpath-Tester
- W3C XPath Evaluator: http://www.utilities-online.info/xpath/#.VNQM9kKe0hI
Simple tools for formating (pretty printing) your XML documents.
- XML Formatter: http://xml.online-toolz.com/tools/xml-formatter.php
- Another XML Formatter: http://www.freeformatter.com/xml-formatter.html